Increasing incidents of negligence and crimes violating the innocence of children have raised numerous doubts and questions in the minds of every parent, every responsible citizen. The need of the hour is to ensure our children are safe and feel safe all the time. Vigilance and keeping an eye out for any anomaly or deviations in children’s behavior is something that we can all do to fortify ourselves in this fight. However, we are only humans and may overlook certain things or may even lower our guard over time. How, then can we ensure the safety of children. The answer is CCTV Surveillance Systems. In the age of technology, this simple weapon is one of the most effective ways to deter and fight the evils. CCTV surveillance is of great importance in schools, namely;
1. It acts as a deterrent to anybody with wrong intent.
2. It supplements the security guards since it is inhuman and thus never tires or loses focus.
3. It helps in monitoring and keeping track of activities taking place in school premises.
4. It helps to identify and capture any intruders or offenders.
5. It allows for maintenance of an effective access control so that only authorized persons access the school thus making
it easier to keep the entrances and exits of a school secure.
6. It helps in keeping a watch on valuables and appropriate use of resources within the school.
7. It is useful in organizing evacuation in case of emergencies and reducing the response time when planning security drills.
8. In the event of any vandalism or theft, it is a useful tool in protecting the school property and identifying the perpetrators.
9. It can be used to keep track of attendance of students, teachers and support staff alike, along with ensuring they are all
doing their work efficiently.
10. With increased cases of raging and bullying, it not only acts as a deterrent, it also helps in bringing justice to any
11. It helps to keep parents’ mind at ease about the safety and security of their children while they are away at school.
12. It helps in keeping a watch on the teachers’ methods of teaching and punctuality.